Horizon Europe is the European Union's new six-year program (2021-2027) for innovation and research. The vision of the program is to achieve a sustainable, just and prosperous future for people and the planet based on European values.
The ambitious EU Framework Program for Research and Innovation has three main objectives:
- Strengthening the scientific and technological foundations of the EU and the European Research Area (ERA)
- Increasing innovation capacity, competitiveness and jobs in Europe
- Fulfilling the priorities of citizens and maintaining our socio-economic model and values
For Horizon Europe, the Commission estimates a budget of € 100 billion.
The program consists of three pillars:
- Excellence in Science - which means strengthening and disseminating the excellence of the Union's scientific basis through the European Research Council (Commission proposal EUR 16.6 billion), Marie-Sklodowska-Curie Activities (Commission proposal EUR 6.8 billion) and Research Infrastructures (Commission proposal 2). EUR 4 billion
- Europe's global challenges and industrial competitiveness - fostering key technologies and solutions in support of EU policies and sustainable development goals (Commission proposal for € 52.7 billion budget
- Innovative Europe - fostering revolutionary innovation created by new markets and innovation-friendly ecosystems through the European Innovation Council, the European Innovation Ecosystem and the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) (Commission proposal EUR 3 billion).
Horizon Europe official pages:
Information about the program in Croatian language: