CACAO is an Erasmus + program funded project within key action two – Cooperation partnership in school education. Lead coordinator is Juraj Dobrila University of Pula.
To deepen and diversify crucial skills, knowledge, and attitudes of pre-school teachers in Europe and beyond, Cell Biology and Art Class Omnibus (CACAO) project brings together biology and music researchers, artists, preschool teachers, and experts in technology-assisted learning from five European countries to co-create unique pre-school learning program blending cell biology, music, dance, and visual art. High-quality early childhood education is an extraordinarily powerful way to promote continued success in school, in the workplace, and in society.
Seven partners from five European countries (Croatia, Spain, Belgium, Poland and Italy) have gathered aiming to develop and implement a highly innovative and inclusive pedagogical concept blending music, visual art, and cell biology.
The CACAO pedagogical program will be developed for five and six-year-old children and their teachers who will get certified professional education on using music as an educational tool to teach children biological concepts.
UNIPU Project team:
- Ivona Peternel, PhD (Project Manager)
- Kristina Hlavati Bertoncelj, mag. oec. (Quality Assurance Manager)
- Doc. dr. sc. Ines Kovačić (researcher)
- Doc. dr. sc. Marlena Plavšić (researcher)
- Izv. prof. dr. sc. Ivana Paula Gortan – Carlin (researcher)
- Izv. prof. dr. sc. Sven Maričić (researcher)
- Đeni Zuliani Blašković, v. pred.
During the two years of the project implementation, five project results will be cretaed:
- two curriculums designed for blending biology and art (with emphasis on music) for preschool children and curriculum designed for blending biology and art (with emphasis on music) for early childhood educators and a definition of CACAO certification
- CACAO online platform with the web repository of activities, songs, video, and sound material for the CACAO curriculum.
- CACAO certified online course for early childhood educators following CACAO curriculum design, allowing continuous professional development in STEAM for preschool educators
- extensive scientific evaluation of the impact of CACAO program implementation.
- 1.12.2021. – 30.11.2023. (24 months)
Total budget: 261.546,00 EUR
UNIPU budget: 59.031,00 EUR
Project reference: 2021-1-HR01-KA220-SCH-000027781